By Jonathan G. Kline
The first examine to concentration solely at the use within the Hebrew Bible of soundplay to allude to and interpret prior literary traditions
This ebook specializes in the best way the biblical writers used allusive soundplay to build theological discourse, that's, in provider in their efforts to explain the character of God and God’s dating to humanity. via displaying number of biblical books include examples of allusive soundplay hired for this function, Kline demonstrates that this literary gadget performed an incredible position within the development of the biblical textual content as a complete and within the improvement of historic Israelite and early Jewish theological traditions.
- Demonstrates that allusive soundplay used to be a effective compositional approach in old Israel
- Identifies examples of innerbiblical allusion that experience now not been pointed out before
- A powerful method for making a choice on soundplay in innerbiblical allusions
Jonathan G. Kline is affiliate Editor at Hendrickson Publishers. He obtained his Ph.D. in Hebrew Bible from Harvard collage (2014).
Read Online or Download Allusive Soundplay in the Hebrew Bible (Ancient Israel and Its Literature Book 28) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Photographs of good looks: day-by-day Meditations at the publication of Revelationby:Dr. H. Lawrence Zillmer
Pearl of significant cost research advisor: A better half on your learn of the Pearl of significant fee, this learn advisor from the Making worthwhile issues simple sequence is a wealthy source for lecturers, scholars, and gospel students alike. during this quantity filled with supplemental fabric, Dr. Randal Chase, a veteran Institute and Gospel Doctrine instructor, stocks years of insights into the scriptures by means of exploring scriptural symbolism, history, tradition, and chronology, in addition to the phrases and teachings of gospel gurus.
Traveling with Jesus is an event find one’s “first love” in Scripture. the focal point of this Devotional magazine is on Jesus Christ because the very middle of God’s unfolding plan, supplying glimpses of Jesus in each booklet of the bible from Genesis to Revelation. The prayerful desire is that individuals will locate this devotional to be an open door of discovery into the extraordinary ask yourself of traveling with Jesus via His written revelation.
As dying attracts close to, existence should be lived another way. The final King of Israel explores how the king of kings selected to reside his ultimate ten days culminating within the resurrection. classes like spending time with family, facing tricky humans, dealing with feedback, resting regardless of huge, immense tension, and dealing with sickness are a number of the components addressed as Jesus faces coming near near demise.
- Rethinking the Ethics of John: 'Implicit Ethics' in the Johannine Writings. Kontexte und Normen neutestamentlicher Ethik / Contexts and Norms of New Testament ... Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- When A Jew Rules the World: What the Bible Really Says about Israel in the Plan of God
- Avsnittet Gud la i hjertet mitt: Mens jeg lå der og følte at jeg allerede hadde fått mange sterke åpenbaringer, var det akkurat som om jeg så et avsnitt ... seg hjerte mitt (Norwegian_bokmal Edition)
- Rumors of Resistance: Status Reversals and Hidden Transcripts in the Gospel of Luke (Emerging Scholars)
- Glorious Kingdom: A Handbook OF Partial Preterist Eschatology
Additional info for Allusive Soundplay in the Hebrew Bible (Ancient Israel and Its Literature Book 28)
Allusive Soundplay in the Hebrew Bible (Ancient Israel and Its Literature Book 28) by Jonathan G. Kline